milk_shake transformed Glastonbury festival-goers into happy campers when they pitched up with The Pop Up Salon… and what a week it was!
Alongside the Pop Up Salon Team, led by Rebekah Etoe, was milk_shake UK Artistic Team Member, Shelley Pengilly who was on hand to provide beautiful braids, weekend long blow-dries and quirky quiffs.
As well as members of the public looking for a refresh, the salon played host to high profile press including Harper’s Bazaar, Tatler and Glamour who couldn’t resist the brand’s signature cocktail treatments.
Festival style isn’t all about boho waves and flowing locks though. For a rock and roll quiff, this is how the team got to work on making short hair a style statement.
1. Shampoo the hair using milk_shake Volume Solution shampoo, but skip the conditioner. Towel dry the hair and apply milk_shake Whipped Cream for light, weightless conditioning that leaves hair smelling gorgeous, even if you’ve spent the night battling with your tent in the mud and you’re feeling less than fresh!
2. Blow-dry hair straight back, keeping the sides smooth and creating volume in the top section.
3. Section off the top and scalp braid each side of the head. The stiffer the texture the easier the hair was to work with, so spray a little milk_shake Lifestyling Hairspray.
4. To maintain volume at the roots, sprinkle a little No Inhibition Volumising Powder in and backcomb the top section to create the shape of the quiff.
5. Set the look with a little more hairspray.