On Your Bike is a sporty, dynamic, adventurous and independent girl - emulating feelings of freedom and experimental status. From sexy biker shorts to leather and heels; On Your Bike oozes elements of strength and self-confidence.
Direct inspiration for the shape was taken from a biker’s helmet. The technique was designed to emulate the solid rounded shape and the softness of hair blowing in the wind.
Strength and softness are key elements within this technique, along with understanding the proportions of bone structure and suitability of where the outline of the silhouette is placed. With the layering technique, natural texture, proportion and hair density are all taken into consideration to create perfect harmony between the two elements.
See how to get the look below with Indira Schauwecker, Session Stylist at TONI&GUY…
- A radial section is taken: two curved sections on the profile are taken from the lower recession to behind the ear. A profile section is taken behind the radial, elevation and distribution is 90 degrees and cut round following the head until you get to the occipital bone. After that, drop your layers slightly to get tighter in the nape, this technique is repeated behind the radial following rounded sections.
- The fringe length is decided taking a profile section and brought to the front.
- The first guide is cut on its guide and cut vertically to create slight graduation at the front of the fringe area. Continuing to use this guide in the same way, create a rounded fringe in front of the radial. The guide is taken from behind and a round layer technique is applied in the front connecting the top and the fringe.
- The profile section is divided in two diagonal back sections and the side is cut T to the parting and elevated at one-fingers depth, creating a rounded strong outline around the cheek bones. Continue to bring the rest of the hair to this line and check balance on both sides.
- Starting on the higher part of the sections, the guide of the round layer is used to soften and blend the top layer with the sides. Taking diagonal back sections, over direct everything to the top guide and cut square.
- Apply label.m Blow Out Spray and Sea Salt Spray before drying and personalising with some deep point cutting, finishing with Powder or Wax.
Art direction: Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck
Make-up: Lan Nguyen
Styling: Veronika Greenhill
Photography: Jack Eames