Dare we say it, but Christmas and New Year is only around the corner, so it’s time to start planning your fabulous party looks.
To give you a helping hand in the hair department, we will be bringing you over the next few weeks four gorgeous looks created by ghd Creative Artist, Leighanne Regan – complete with easy to follow step-by-step guides.
Get the look: Party Pony
01. Place the ghd soft curl tong vertically in the hair and rotate towards the back of the head.
02. Glide down 2cm and unwrap, keeping the hair in the tong.
03. Rewrap and glide down 2cm. Continue until both front quarters of the head have been curled away from the face.
04. Section the hair as below, diagonally from behind the ear towards the nape.
05. Curl all the hair as before, only starting parallel with the section holding the ghd soft curl tong. Open end forward, work up the head until all the back quarter is curled this way.
06. Repeat on the opposite side. Continue until all the hair in the back quarter has been curled in this way.
07. Separate the curls using your fingers.
08. Pad all the hair using the ghd pintail comb.
09. Continue until all the hair has been padded this way.
10. Pull backwards from the front hairline the top half of the hair and secure with a clip.
11. Pinch and pull out sections of hair.
12. Gather the rest of the hair into a mid-height pony and secure with a bungie.
13. Release the clip to encourage texture.
14. Wrap a piece of hair around the bungie to cover it, and secure with a pin.
15. Using the ghd detangle comb, pad the ponytail to expand the shape.
16. Using your fingers, stretch out the ponytail and glitz with accessories.