Whether you have a Halloween party to go to or you just fancy creating some spooky styles, the team at SJ Forbes has you covered.
See their how-to steps below to create two spooktacular looks…
Look One: Braided Cobweb
- Prepare the hair with Kérastase K Styling V.I.P. Volume in Powder, and brush through.
- Section the parting, and at the back of the head tie a circle smaller than the crown into a ponytail.
- Using a Dutch braid technique, work the plait starting from the large side of the parting around the outside of the ponytail. The plait should form a circle by the time it meets the start. Pin the ends in place and tuck any loose parts into the plait.
- Split the ponytail into six smaller ponytails and plait each one.
- Push each of the six small plaits through the centre of the larger halo plait and pin them tightly wrapping the ends underneath. These plaits should be evenly spaced to create a star shape.
- Cut a long piece of string and tie it to one of the smaller centre plaits. Take the secured string and wrap it around the next smaller plait holding in place with a finger. Continue to do this until you reach the first plait and tie the ends together.
- Repeat this process and create the next layer of string cobweb. Aim for four layers.
- Decorate the string with fake spiders and finish and set the look with Kérastase Styling Laque Couture hairspray.
Look Two: Spider Braids
- Prepare the hair with Kérastase K Styling V.I.P. Volume in Powder, and section the hair straight down the middle into two halves.
- Split both half sections into three sections and tie into six ponytails.
- Split each ponytail in two and plait and secure them with clear hair bands. You will then have 12 plaits.
- Using one plait from each of the six sections, wind it around the base of the plait that is diagonally below it, so that it snakes down the head. Pin these into place.
- Take the remaining plaits and wind and tangle them through the snaking plaits until just the ends are left out. Split the remaining ends into three sections and plait them again to make one plait.
- Decorate the plaits with fake spiders and cobwebs. Finish and set the look with Kérastase Styling Laque Couture hair.