Paul Edmonds London collaborated with experimental womenswear designer, Roberta Einer for the second year to create the hair for her AW16 London Fashion Week Show.
‘80’s Vegas Rodeo Noir’ is not a brief for the faint hearted, but then again Roberta Einer is no ordinary designer, with bold artistic embellishments and cow girl statements proving that the brave heart takes the prize. Artistic Director Vanessa Essack at Paul Edmonds worked with natural textured hair to execute a low pinched back ponytail that was twisted in one direction. Hidden braids appeared from underneath and produced a wrap around the ponytail, working in the opposite direction of the twist.
Here’s how Vanessa Essack created this look:
1. Hair texture was created by applying L'Oréal Professionnel Liss Control and Pli to damp hair, and then gently finger scrunching the hair with a dryer without the nozzle to bring back the natural texture of the hair.
2. L'Oréal Professionnel Crêpage de Chignon was then sprayed into the hair to add more texture and natural volume.
3. The structure of the look was created. Two sections in front of the ear were disconnected and placed under the ears. The hair was given a middle parting then pulled back to the nape.
4. The dropped sections were added to the ponytail which was pinched and twisted into place then gripped to secure.
5. Two sections separated from the ponytail down either side of the nape were plaited and secured around the base of the ponytail. One pair was passed under and one was passed over to create asymmetry.
6. The whole look was sprayed with L'Oréal Professionnel Tecni Art Fix Design Spray to hold everything into Place.