Matcha is a finely ground powder of specifically grown and processed green tea, and just one cup of matcha tea has as many antioxidants as ten cups of brewed green tea.
Antioxidant is certainly a buzz word that is thrown around the beauty industry, but they are important in helping the body prevent ageing and fight chronic diseases. Matcha often provides green tea with its powerful arsenal of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids, and along with its anti-ageing properties, it also boasts many other health benefits such as:
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fibre, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
This wonder powder has now been incorporated into a range of beauty products because of its anti-inflammatory agents. And, as it is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the skin against free radicals in the environment and can slow down the classic signs of ageing.
Using matcha inside and out will work serious wonders...