The inspiration for Temperley’s SS18 show was lifted from the French Riviera, a luxurious yet relaxed feel. The Temperley London DNA is a rather strong one every season and this particular season has an element of romanticism about it.
Alice’s clothes always speak for themselves and with this collection we looked at translating a woman who has spent much of the day at sea - her hair infused with the sea spray and wind, relaxing on a boat in her bathing suit, to throwing on a beautiful evening outfit and heading out. For the Temperley London woman it’s always a DIY effortless approach.
Hair design by Moroccanoil Global Ambassador, Antonio Corral Calero
Get the look…
- Prep hair by applying a pump of Moroccanoil Treatment from roots to ends to set the perfect foundation for styling (use Moroccanoil Treatment Light for models with blonde or fine hair).
- Spray a light mist of Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray across the hair, then use a hairdryer to smooth out any excess frizz yet still retain texture.
- Once hair is blow-dried, pull the hair away from the face and work a touch of Moroccanoil Dry Texture Clay into hands to warm it up. Work clay through the hair to prep for the braid.
- A modernized interpretation of the fishtail braid was created. Instead of it being an intricate and technical looking approach, this version is more relaxed and achievable. Divide the hair and work with a two strand version that folds together larger pieces of hair than traditionally used – one over lapping and folding into the other.
- When near the end of the braid leave three centimetres of hair out and secure a transparent elastic band above. The ends are left out giving a paintbrush effect to the hair.
- To finalize the look secure the top of the head with a Foulard, which is a casual focal point to the hair look - a simple yet effective way to dress-up and adorn the hair with ease.
For those with shorter hair a low ponytail with a casual tuck was created, ensuring slight splays of hair remain loose from the tuck, again to exude an easeful simplicity to the look.
Three products were used to create the final look. It’s about embracing a less is more approach that matched the insouciant nature of this seasons Temperley London woman.
Photography: Naomi Gabrielle Photography for Moroccanoil