Stylist, Pont Smith helped DAKS celebrate their 125th anniversary by styling their incredible SS20 collection for London Fashion Week using R+Co products.
Malta has captured the hearts of the Royal couple and the then Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip, who in the late 1940s spent two happy years of their marriage living on this beautiful island. Inspired by their journey and time on the island, the DAKS SS20 collection named ‘The Royal Haven’ embodies the ambience of Malta, whilst taking a nostalgic direction through the shapes, colours and styling used throughout.
Depicting the eclectic mix of culture and arts across the island, the collection focuses on authentic handmade craft, using detailed fabrics and intricate weaves. The hair was inspired by an aristocrat's recreation abroad in a sun drenched Mediterranean country staying by the sea. It has a high-end look in aesthetics and focuses a worked in volume finish with lived in roots caused by frolicking in the sun. The hair feels playful but maintained with a polished, satin look.
Get the look:
- Damp down hair by spraying it with water and preparing the hair liberally with R+Co ONE Prep Spray to even porosity and to aid product distribution.
- Apply JACKPOT Styling Crème to the roots, paying attention to the hairline around the face.
- Blow-dry hair using R+Co Natural Boar Bristle brushes, focusing on creating root lift and smoothing around the face.
- Whilst blow-drying, create 6 sections that allow volume and lift by following the head shape. Set each section by rounding with the bristle brush and clipping away from the face.
- Once set; tong each section away from the face using a medium sized tong, using R+Co GRID Structural Hold Setting Spray.
- Brush hair back using new R+Co BALLOON Dry Volume Spray to create expansion and fullness.
- Spray and comb in R+Co VICIOUS Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray around the front of the hairline and away from the face to create a frame.
- Finish by working R+Co FOIL Frizz + Static Control Spray into the mid-lengths and ends of the hair, and use a gentle backcomb movement using your hands.
- Control any flyaways with R+Co DART Pomade Stick, focusing around the hairline to create a lived in effect.