Xu Zhi’s collection draws inspiration from the 19th century American poet, Emily Dickinson.
To celebrate a woman of independence and reflect Emily’s powerful attitude, the hair look centred around a strong vision, while gentle waves softened the look and drew upon Emily’s love of flowers and plants, giving the overall style a chic feel.
Hair by session stylist, Johnnie Biles using Fudge Professional
- Wet hair in sections and then prep with Fudge Professional Tri-Blo (£12.45).
- Create a straight centre parting with a tail comb. Comb the lengths with a wide tooth comb to drag out texture.
- Flatten the front section and clip in front of the ears to flatten. Apply barber tape around the back of the head to keep hair close to the skull. Dry lengths off lightly with a diffuser and then leave to air dry for as long as possible.
- Apply Fudge Professional Light Hed-ed Hair Oil (£13.45) generously through sections of the hair for a greasy root look. For thicker hair with lots of texture, use Fudge Professional Mineral Paste (£12.95) through the lengths to weigh down the waves.
- Finish with Fudge Professional Skyscraper (£10.45).